We have been working like this for over ten years now. What have we learned? What works the best?
What we do
- We communicate – The faster the better. When you are on the other side of the planet you need to know if we received important e-mail. So we always answer quickly in urgent cases and then inform Clients about the progress.
- We plan and schedule our work – This includes meetings, calls and generally speaking every possible activity of our team. It doesn’t have to be crazy at work.
- We use the best tools – Slack, Basecamp, Trello, Jira… rock solid and trusted software that allows us to focus on what is really important.
- We are flexible – We are ready to adapt and to change our workflow to match our partners way of working and thinking. If it works better than our tools or procedures, we are happy to change and to be flexible.
- Our workflow – Is very precise and strict, so we are able to assign new developers to every project with minimum effort and no extra time needed.
- Reports – We provide detailed reports on different stages of all our projects, so our client always knows what is going.
- Start small – We prefer “small steps” method to start and build long lasting relations. This way new Client can see how it is to work with us and we can see how it is to work for a Client. If it work we are both happy to continue and expand our business relations.
What we not do
- We avoid unproductive meetings – We are always prepared and we try to make our partners and clients to be prepared as well.
- We do not make an unexpected phone calls – If it’s not an urgent case, it’s probably much better to write e-mail, Slack message or post it on Basecamp. For both us and our Clients.
- We are not available on Skype to chat anytime – If it’s not a scheduled call we will probably not answer. That is true. We respect other people time and we expect the same in return. It doesn’t mean it is difficult to talk to us. It is the opposite actually.